Tuesday 8 November 2011

A present for the best friend

I have this friend. She's one of the funniest, most talented, people I know and I screwed up once by sending her a book in the post.  I figured she'd see the funny side of receiving the Twilight Graphic novel through her letterbox.  But she didn't - she got pretty mad.  Haha.  So I think a big part of me is desperate to make up for that mistake by constantly being on the look out for pretty things.  When I saw this tutorial I knew I just had to have a go.




I made the four of them a little smaller than Elsie did because I wanted them to be coaster for cups.  Ed and I made this cute wrapping paper by drawing oak leaves and acorns on some pink sugar paper.  I think the gift was pretty well received   Wai Wai doesn't really need/use coasters so she strung them together and hung them on her wall which looked lovely.  I might play with the idea of using them as a wall hanging for future projects.


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment