Saturday 5 November 2011

Sewing with my mother

I have decided that sewing is hard.  Knitting is the way forward.  Knitting is just knit knit knit knit bang and there's a scarf.  Obviously it can be complicated, but only if you need it to be. Sewing (clothes anyway) seems to be all pins and tucking, and patterns and cutting.  I cannot deal with it.


I went to Mum's house to sew three skirts with a really simply pattern from Ed's mum.  Problem was the I hadn't bought anywhere near enough fabric.  So what did we do?  We dug around my mums and found beautiful fabrics there instead.




 We found silk, cotton and corduroy and had the best time doing it.  








We decided to cut up an old skirt of my Ouma's (South African Grandma) and make that into a skirt.  I am really excited for this project because the skirt was part of a dress that Ouma had when she was younger.  The bodice was cut up years ago and I remember wearing it as a little bolero jacket when I was still in single digits.  


Watch this space.  It's going to be a lovely skirt.


xxx

My lovely doggy Salty - well, Mum and Colins dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment